Thursday, July 06, 2006

Faster, Please

Here's a collection of links to things I've added to my Christmas wish-list (though even with the galloping pace of the modern world, it'll probably be a few years before any of those items will ever get ticked off.)

Check out this demo (embedded YouTube) of an operating system called BumpTop that incorporates a physics-engine to help you organize your desktop in a more intuitive way. I want one for my next computer.

Imagine being able to print a robot out onto flexonic paper. The robot folds itself up like magic origami, and then goes about it's business doing, well, whatever you'd like it to do.

I've already got some ink (and used to have an eyebrow piercing, until a regrettable incident at one of my schools in which a staff member surprised me while taking it out. Those little beads are devilishly hard to find....) But this is way, way cooler than any of that: a programmable tattoo, capable of changing shape, size, and color. And of course, animation.

And while we're on the body-modification trip: I remember back when I was a ten-year-old, infatuated with R. Talsorian's CyberPunk 2020, that I told my dad I wanted to be a cyborg. Well, it looks like that just got a little bit more plausible, as scientists have finally figured out how to attach prostheses directly to bone. Now all I need is a reflex boost, a skulljack, and eyes capable of seeing infrared, and we're in business.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home